Art Fund, with the support of the Headley Trust, have launched a new programme designed to enable mid-career and senior curators to carry out research on focused areas of their collections and deliver original museum projects fostering wider engagement with and understanding of UK public collections.
Headley Fellowships with Art Fund aim to:
- Encourage the production of ambitious and high-quality museum projects which have collections at their core.
- Give curators the time and resources needed to develop specialist knowledge and expertise relating to focused parts of their collection.
- Invest in museums across the UK and their curators, empowering them to realise exceptional ideas for communicating with a spectrum of audiences.
- Broker new productive relationships between museums and curators across the sector to support future collaboration in other areas.
- Facilitate an enhanced flow of expertise and skills across the sector by feeding into established mechanisms for knowledge sharing (such as subject specialist networks).
The first round of applications is now open, with a deadline of 15 October 2018.
For further details please visit Art Fund's website here.